Sunday, September 25, 2011

Water Park and Beach Day

We took a trip to Galveston over the weekend and went to the beach/water park!  It was so much fun I can't believe we've never been!  The setup is perfect for babies & young children.  There's a splash pad, water slides, lazy river, wave pool, concession stand (ice cream & usual greasy grub), bar, lockers to store belongings, bathrooms with showers.  It was perfect for all of us and the girls had so much fun running and playing.  I wish I would've taken more pictures, but didn't want to risk getting sand and water on my camera or phone.






It was the last weekend for this beach area to be open, so I expected it to be packed with people.  Luckily, it wasn't!  We found a spot on the beach with chairs and a nice big umbrella and left our stuff.  You can rent a cabana for the day for $75.  If it came with a cabana boy I would've splurged the $75, but it only came with a bucket of ice and bottled waters.

Addison and Alyssa LOVED the splash pad and water slides.  I lost count of how many times Addison went down the slide!

When we left we I decided to take the ferry home instead of our usual route.  The website showed a 15 minute wait, but when we got there a huge sign said EXPECT LONG DELAYS!  Go figure.  It was worth the hour wait!  We boarded the ferry & went to the top to check out the views & try to see some dolphins.  It didn't take long before the dolphins were jumping, splashing & putting on a show for us.

Addison & Alyssa's first ferry ride.





One day in the NEAR future I'm going to get a zoom lens!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment