Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Picnic in the Park

We need to take advantage of the warm days that are left before the cold arrives, so we took a trip to the park for a picnic and to feed the ducks.  We stopped by Chick-fil-A and picked up lunch for me and the girls along with an extra bun (yes, just one) for the ducks.  When we pulled up at the park none of the ducks were in the water.  They were stalking the parking lot just waiting for someone to bring them food. I've never seen the ducks so hungry.  We made our way to a picnic table as far from the mass of ducks as possible.  All of the tables sit atop a concrete slab and have a roof.  The ducks won't come up on the concrete, but they sure stuck around the edges!


After lunch it was time to get out our ONE measly bun and feed 1,000 ducks.  Well, feeding the ducks out of the water is a little more difficult since they can get so close - too close for my comfort.  This is where I wish someone had a video of what happened.  I was pushing Alyssa in the stroller and Addison was walking right beside me.  These freaking ducks were coming from all over the park to eat our ONE bun.  It was so scary.  I started breaking off pieces and throwing it as far as I could behind us to get the ducks off our backs!  Keep in mind I'm pushing a stroller and holding onto Addison by her shirt trying to explain exactly WHY she couldn't feed the ducks!  Once we were almost to the concrete sidewalk I chunked the rest of the bun at the ducks and finally could breathe a sigh of relief.  Unbelievable!


We spent a little time swinging and sliding after getting chased by the ducks!  There was a lady with 2 1/2 year old quintuplets playing at the park too.  I watched her closely as she handled those babies all by herself.  And to think I was once afraid to leave the house alone with my TWO!

No, she wasn't running from any ducks, but I 
imagine this is probably what my facial expression 
looked like when I was trying to get away from them!  

Why is it when I don't have my camera I wish 
I did & when I do have it I wish I didn't?



When we were leaving those hungry ducks were still stalking the parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment