Thursday, December 15, 2011
Buddy Update
Last week, Buddy had an ear infection and was given antibiotics, steroid, and ear drops. Well, Tuesday he began to act lethargic and wouldn't eat or drink anything. I took him to the vet yesterday and she thought that his tummy was upset from the medicine and gave him a shot for nausea and anti-nausea medicine to take at home. Vet said if he wasn't any better to bring him back for blood work. He never would eat or drink anything yesterday. This morning he could barely lift his head and showed no excitement over the usual things like going outside or getting a treat. Alyssa had a follow-up appointment this morning to check her ears, so I had to drop Buddy off at the vet while I took Alyssa to the pediatrician. Vet called while I was at pediatrician and said that blood work came back normal, but Buddy had a fever and was dehydrated. Went ahead with an x-ray and it was clear, now waiting for fecal sample test. Buddy will stay at the vet all day & night getting an IV of fluid and heavy antibiotics. Vet suspects something viral, but is being proactive since it's the end of the week and wants him better by the weekend. UGH! Bubba has NEVER been sick like this! I talked to the vet before they closed today and she said Buddy ate some boiled chicken and kept it down fine. Seems to be improving since he's gotten some fluids today. I sure hope we get a call in the morning saying he's doing GREAT and can come home. It isn't the same without him here :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment