TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF FIRST GRADE! School let out early at 11 and then we were off to party with our friends! I've officially titled the party 'Cocktails & Capri Suns'. This may very well become a end-of-school tradition! We are so lucky to have amazing friends around here.
(Please look at the sidewalk in the above picture. Looks much better than last year!)
There's a mom missing from the below picture. Not sure where she was hiding. I bribed her kid with a cookie to take this picture though! The mom on the left, I met last summer right before school started. They had recently moved to the neighborhood and didn't know anyone. She posted on our local facebook page asking to meet up with anyone else that had kids the same age as her kids. I met her at a park a few days later and we've been friends since. The next mom, I met when Addison was in pre-k. Our girls were in the same class together. So far, we've navigated kindergarten and 1st grade together. The mom beside me, I met earlier this year while volunteering at the school. The missing mom, also posted on the local facebook page asking to meet up with anyone else that had the same 1st grade teacher her daughter was assigned. The class rosters had just been posted. Who knew you could make real friends on facebook? We met up right before school started at a donut shop for our girls to meet. I see her everyday when I drop her daughter off after school.

No comments:
Post a Comment