Last weekend a couple of dear friends came over to visit. One from back home who I see often and one from Austin that I haven't seen since 2009! Shout out to Erin and KJ! We left the babies at home with the dads and headed out for our day/night away. When we arrived at the hotel to check-in the clerk asked if it was a special occasion. We told him it was just a girls trip. He asked what we would like to drink in case 3 cold beverages made their way to our room. We rambled off a few adult beverages and left to go paint. Pinot's Palette was a pretty neat thing to do. It was a 2 hour class where we drank wine, ate cheese, and painted a Mardi Gras picture. Erin and I were ready to go midway through class! It was fun, but didn't hold our attention. I'm sure the wine didn't help either! After painting we went back to the room to freshen up for dinner. To our surprise, there just so happened to be 2 bottles of wine and some wine glasses for us along with a note from the front desk.
For dinner we wanted crawfish and luckily we didn't have to walk far to find it. Everything you want or need is right in the town square area. Sticker shock for crawfish at $8/lb! They were good, but not $8/lb good. The margaritas were better. Ha, I had almost forgotten we drank margaritas at this place thanks to the wine from earlier.
We ended the night at a restaurant that turns into a nightclub. Needless to say, we didn't do much of the clubbing part and headed back to the hotel around midnight. It was a prefect day with perfect friends! I couldn't wait to get home to my babies though. This was the 3rd time away from Addison and FIRST away from Alyssa. They did great. I think having Parker around helped them forget about me!
I'd like to know what the guy that took this picture was drinking to make him think that this was a good picture! Really dude, really? This was taken with a really old digital camera and the lens cover sticks sometimes!
No comments:
Post a Comment