Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First Day of PreK

Addison started PreK this week!  Better late than never!  She is going 2 days a week this month and then next month we will decide to send her 3 or 5 days a week.  Her first day was great!  As soon as class starts everyone sits at a table and writes their name 5 times.  Once they finish that task they move to a square on the circle rug for story time.  This is Community Helper Week, so each day there's a different community worker that talks to the class.  Animal control/shelter, tooth fairy from a local pediatric dentist, Army, baker.  A sheriff came and talked to the class on Addison's first day.  He told them a story about catching a bad guy and also showed the class his cop tools (walkie talkie, badge, handcuffs, gun).  When I picked Addison up she asked me to wait longer next time so that she could stay at school.  I think it's safe to say that she enjoyed it and was 100% ready to get away from me and Alyssa!
Addison was perfectly fine when I left her class.  Alyssa, on the other hand, wasn't very happy about leaving her sister at school!  She cried for a bit, but I got her distracted and she was okay.  I hope she's ready for PreK 3 in August because I've already signed her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment