This is what the treats should look like:
This is what MY treats look like
Now, I realize that my spiders only have 6 legs, so they aren't really spiders. They are insects. Really? I guess I slept in class the day we learned this because I had no idea a spider had to have 8 legs to be a spider & any less was considered an insect. Hopefully, the 3 year-olds in Addison's class won't notice! I was tempted to go back and add legs, but although these treats may look simple to make, they aren't.
First you have to find the perfect Halloween Oreo. Next, you have to carefully open the cookie without breaking it or destroying the filling. You should already have the Twizzlers Pull n Peel candy separated and cut to the length that you want the legs to be. Carefully press the legs into the filling without breaking the cookie. Before putting the top of the cookie back on I put a little red icing on it to make sure that it would stick back to the legs and filling. For the eyes the original creation called for Red Hots, but that isn't such a hot idea for 3 year-olds. I used mini red M&M's instead. To make them stay on the cookie I put a dab of red icing and then stuck the M&M on top. Tada! I'm also taking apple slices, but not trying to do anything fancy with those! Oh, Alyssa's class is getting store bought sugar cookies & brownie bites.
Here are some crafts we did for Halloween!




No comments:
Post a Comment