Monday, April 25, 2016

Rainy Days Off

The girls were out of school Friday April 15 for a student holiday. Little did we know that we were really going to have a 5 day weekend instead of a 3 day weekend!  I knew it was going to start raining late Sunday night, but had no idea what I would wake up to Monday morning. Buckets of water fell from the sky and the thunder roared like never before. My phone was constantly going off from all the alerts! TWC, FEMA, Intellicast, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Around 6am on Monday morning, I got the alerts about our school district not holding classes. I went back to sleep and woke around 7:30am. I began opening the blinds in the back of the house and worked my way to the front. When I opened the front blinds I had to take a second look and then go outside to inspect further. The water went down when the rain slowed and our street drained pretty quickly afterwards. School was closed 4/18 & 4/19.

No comments:

Post a Comment