Saturday, February 21, 2015
Influenza A
I knew this day would come. Almost 7 years of breezing through each flu season. Addison was totally fine when she went to sleep Friday night. Around 2am she came to tell me she had a headache. I thought it was a ploy to score snuggle time in mama's bed. I told her to go ahead and crawl in the bed with me. When I went to move her hair from her face and pat her little head, I knew something was wrong. She was burning up with 103 fever. I gave her some ibuprofen and held her as she complained about her head and stomach pains until she fell asleep. As soon as the doctor's office opened, I called the nurse. We were seeing the doctor 20 minutes later. The flu test didn't even need the full time to show Addison has the flu. Bummer. The doctor sent a prescription to the pharmacy for Tamiflu, but only for Addison. I thought it was odd that she wouldn't give the whole family a prescription for it as a preventative. Oh well, we ended up going to a nearby clinic and all have prescriptions for Tamiflu now. Unfortunately, Blake and I can't start ours until tomorrow because the pharmacy was out of it and we have to go to a different one. Yeah, Tamiflu is $100 per prescription.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment