Thursday, February 12, 2015
Cough Cough
This little girl has been coughing nonstop for the last 3 days. Nothing has been working to help her. Steam shower, honey, Delsym, Benadryl, etc! I kept her home from school on Wednesday to give her a day of rest. Thursday, I wasn't going to send her either, but she was devastated when she realized she would miss her Valentine's party! I went ahead and took her and was sure to tell the teacher about the cough and call me if needed. I got the call around 10:30 that Alyssa was coughing and wanted her mommy. She saw the pediatrician at 11. There's still a little fluid in her left ear that was infected a couple of weeks ago. Since Alyssa just finished her antibiotic last week, the pedi isn't too concerned and will re-check next week. About the cough, zero congestion. Lungs clear, throat is fine, nasal passages are fine. Looks like the nebulizer will be working overtime for the next week. Pulmicort twice a day and albuterol every 4 hours. I can definitely tell a difference this evening! Fingers crossed that a few days with the nebulizer and she won't be coughing anymore! Dare I say, the cough sounds like Addison's asthma cough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment