Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lunch Date

We've been having lots of lunch dates with this little girl. Even when she knows we are coming to eat, she still gets so excited and lights up when she sees us. BTW - cafeteria food is just as awful as I remember. Guess that's one thing that will never change in school. The salad tray is the safest bet for a good meal at school. It comes with chicken, shredded cheese, cucumbers, ranch dressing. Usually a side of kiwi, carrots, peaches, etc. One day we went, Addison invited Avry to eat with us. Za'Mor wanted to eat with us so badly, so I promised him that I would come back Thursday. Well, we went on Thursday, but unfortunately Za'Mor wasn't on blue or green, so he couldn't eat with us. Addison invited Malin instead. After spring break, students can no longer invite friends to eat with them. Some parents aren't comfortable with their child eating with families. This is a sad situation, just like lockdown drills. I'm confident that this decision wasn't made on a whim and a parent had a legitimate concern. It still sucks for the students who really loved inviting a friend to eat with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment