Friday, October 4, 2013

Kindergarten Tales

Addison told me that it was okay to not be first in the car line to pick her up. Her reason was because her friend Michael is a car rider too and they can sit together while waiting to be picked up. She likes talking to him....

Addison told me that she wanted to look very pretty one day. I told her that she looks very pretty every day! I'm not going to read more into this, like - she wants to look very pretty for Michael. She's 5 and is a little girl that wants to look very pretty just because!

Addison told me about a new boy in her class. She said she doesn't like him. I asked why and she said because he's a boy. I said 'but, you like Michael'. She said 'yes, but he's sweet and always has a smile on his face'!

Addison had an 'early release' day for parent/teacher conference. I didn't pack a lunch since school would let out at 10:55 (lunch is at 10:45). Addison got out of the car and I handed her backpack to a teacher. The teacher helped Addison put the backpack on and then Addison started to walk away. I had just closed the door and was about to pull off from the curb when I saw Addison turn and go back to the teacher. I stopped and opened the door to see what happened. Addison noticed how light her backpack was and got very upset about her lunch not being in the backpack. We've been talking about 'early release' all week....even the morning of on the way to school, I told her that I would be picking her up before lunch. I had a surprise lunch/playdate planned that I had been keeping from her, but when I saw how upset she was about her lunch not being in the backpack I went ahead and told her. That seemed to help a little, but I could see that she was still confused. Rule of Life #9843714 Don't disrupt a 5 year-olds routine! Do the same shit every day no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment