It only took 41 days of kindergarten for my little angel to get moved from a blue card to a yellow card! In a previous post, I talked about blue = good, green = kinda good, yellow = kinda not good, pink = go directly to jail the principal's office. Each day, Addison brings home her Daily Folder and I have to initial every day to let the teacher know that I saw the behavior for the day.
As Addison was walking out of school to the car, I noticed she was crying. I haven't seen tears in a very long time, so I knew something bad happened. She got in and I held her for a minute to try and console her. Finally, I made her get in her seat, so we could head home. All the way home, I tried to get her to open up and talk to me about why she was so upset. She only told me that she was crying because she missed me, but I could tell there was more. Once we got home I sat her in my lap and asked her to talk to me about her day. She was very sad and it broke my heart. Then I asked her if she got in trouble. Those big, tear-filled, brown eyes looked up at me and said 'yes'. I asked her what color she got moved to and she said 'yellow'. I guess she was listening the day I told her if she comes home with yellow or pink then she would get in trouble at home too. She started telling me that when she got moved from blue to green she really WASN'T talking. Then when she got moved to yellow (the whole class got a card pulled), she WAS talking. I told her that we all get in trouble sometimes and to try better tomorrow. I also told her to tell the teacher that she's sorry for talking. Ha, she told me that she will apologize and also tell the teacher that she needs to get the yellow mark off of her daily calendar because she wasn't talking the first time her blue card got pulled. I told her to apologize and do not tell the teacher anything else. What's done is done and tomorrow is a new day. STOP TALKING WHEN YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO!
It's a good thing that she didn't get in trouble early in the day! It was picture day today! Yes, she's wearing tennis shoes. Wednesday is PE day and it was either her wear the tennis shoes or take them in her backpack. I made both of our lives easier by just letting her wear them. The pink in the shoe matches the pink in her outfit, so it worked!


No comments:
Post a Comment