I was laying in the bed with Addison and she started talking about her day at school. She told me about going in the bathroom closet with her teacher. What? Let me try this:
Addison: Mom, do you know what I did today?
Me: No, what did you do today?
Addison: I went in the bathroom closet!
Me: Why did you go in the bathroom closet?
Addison: Well, I went in there with my teacher.
Me: Were there other kids in there too?
Addison: No, just me and the teacher.
Me: Wait! Was there a toilet and sink in there too?
Addison: No, no, no silly! Just a table and chairs! The bathroom closet isn't really in the bathroom. It's beside the bathroom.
Me: Okay! What did you and the teacher do in the closet?
Addison: That's where we do testing. The teacher holds up a piece of paper and I have to tell her which words I know. I didn't know very many though. Just bed, can, and, if, dog, boy, up.
Now I understand that the bathroom closet is only called the bathroom closet because of the proximity to the bathroom. I was about to get worried!
The next story was about a little boy in the library. I wish I had this story on video because her hand gestures were cracking me up!
Addison: I sat by a boy today in the library.
Me: Do you like him? Is he nice?
Addison: Yay-uh (yeah)! He has long hair.
Me: Long hair like Alyssa?
Addison: Well, his hair isn't curly like Alyssa's. It's straight. Like, it's short on the top (imagine her holding her hand above the top of her head) and long in the back (imagine her moving her hand from the top of her head down the back in a slow motion).
Me: So, you mean business in the front (imagine me holding my hand above the top of my head) and party in the back (imagine me moving my hand from the top of my head down the back in a slow motion)?
Addison: Yay-uh (yeah)! Like that.
Me: Oh, he has a mullet!
Addison: Yay-uh (yeah)!
No comments:
Post a Comment