Saturday, September 14, 2013

Flu Mist

I had to stop by the pediatrician's office last week and pick up a form for Alyssa's school. I noticed that the flu vaccine was available, so I went ahead and made an appointment for the girls. The nurse asked if I wanted to get mine too & I said 'sign me up'! This is the first time I've ever been offered the vaccine at the pedi office. It's a convenient option for parents since we are already there anyway! We all got the Flu Mist and are ready to tackle flu season! Hope everyone else gets vaccinated too.

The girls caught a cold last weekend and Monday night Alyssa broke out with a rash. I panicked and thought it may be a reaction to the flu mist. After searching the Internet, I was terrified. Why, oh why do I Google things like this? Blake was my voice of reason and said 'she's fine'. I put hydrocortisone on the rash and gave her Benadryl. The rash would disappear and then pop up in different places! I took her to the pedi Wednesday morning for my piece of mind. The pedi said it's viral hives (from Alyssa's cold) and to continue with the cream and Benadryl as needed. If Alyssa didn't have a cold or any other symptoms other than a rash the pedi would recommend allergy testing. She said if the rash is still around next week to bring her back into the office. The rash is gone for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment