When I picked Addison up yesterday in the car line, she was crying and very sad. She thought I wasn't coming to get her. The line was quite long even though I got there at 2:45 (school is out at 3:10). We sat in the car line hugging and crying together. It didn't matter that a hundred cars were behind us! I promised her that I would be first in line today! She said school was too long and she missed me, but if I gave her a picture of me to look at she would be okay. I printed a picture and taped it to the back of her name tag. After we got settled at home she opened up more about her day and told me all about it. She was the line leader when they went to the cafeteria and to Art class. I asked who she sat with at lunch and she told me she sat by a little boy, but didn't know his name. She said he looked like Goby from Bubble Guppies (see pic below of Goby)! I laughed so hard!
This morning she said she didn't want to go back to kindergarten and wanted to go to preschool instead. I told her that wasn't an option and that she was going to have a better day today. Yesterday, she was the only girl at her table, but this morning I saw the teacher had moved around some kids and now a little girl will be sitting on one side of Addison. She seemed excited about that! There were only a few tears when I was leaving and I stood out in the hall for a minute to make sure she was okay. I asked another mom to snap a picture of the yellow table (didn't want Addison to me hovering). In the picture, Addison isn't crying, but she looks pissed! I really hope that she gets into the groove of school soon. If she's happy, I'm happy. If she's not happy, I'm not happy.


The first few days are always tough. It's gonna be ok Momma. You have raised her well. You are a great mother and she is an awesome little girl. She is ready because YOU have prepared her. Hang in there. It's going to get better. Love both of you and miss you like crazy!
ReplyDelete