Monday, December 17, 2012

Backyard Blues

The girls are getting a swing set for Christmas from Grams and Pappy!  Only one little problem.....After I ordered the swing and was searching the Internet for someone to install the swing for us, I came across lawsuits from HOA's against homeowners for not getting approval, etc.  What?  We are new to living in the HOA community and I knew about getting approval for additions, exterior painting, landscaping, and other major changes.  But, nowhere in our 'rules' does it say anything about a swing set.  I emailed the HOA and got this response 'If your swing set is "regulation" with no elaborate forts, tall climbing structures, etc, you need no application.  If it has a fort or other elaborate structures that accompany the swings, you will need to fill out an application.'  Now I have to fill out this very detailed form and have it go up to the board and they will approve or deny within 30 days.  I was able to search past meeting minutes online and found 2 cases from 2011 where the board approved a swing set and a playhouse.  Fingers crossed we get approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment