Friday August 5, 2011
Wedding Day! The day started off terrible! Addison & Alyssa needed a bath since they didn't get one the night before. You would have thought I threw them in ice water. The crying, fussing, splashing - oh my! It was a disaster. I'm not sure if they were confused by taking a bath during the morning instead of our usual night baths or what, but it was a struggle. After the bath, it was time for me to go pick up the bride & bridesmaids for our hair appointment. I needed a break!
After I got my hair done (which I hated, but there wasn't time to complain for a redo) I headed back home to get Blake & the girls. Blake had to be at the hotel for groom/groomsmen pictures. Once that was finished it was time for us to meet the bride/bridesmaids at the reception site for lunch & our pictures. Did I mention Addison didn't get a nap & Alyssa was a hot mess? At this point I'm thinking about just going back home & calling it a day! My sweet little angels didn't cooperate for pictures at all. When we were done it was TIME! We rush over to the church & get everyone situated. This meant Addison meeting the other flower girl, Emma, and getting them acquainted. Addison liked the idea of holding Emma's hand & was very excited to walk down the aisle with her. Sweet baby Alyssa decided to fall asleep in my arms while waiting to walk down the aisle. Of course, she fell asleep. Why wouldn't she fall asleep at the exact time we need her to be awake?!?
Emma & Addy walked out first with me & Alyssa following close behind. I had to work with what I had... Blake met us at the alter, we bowed & proceeded to the cry room. I had already left a bag in the cry room full of toys & snacks. Cousin M joined us with her 3 little ones too. Everyone played nicely while I still got to see/hear the beautiful ceremony. It wasn't as great as being at the alter with them, but it was the next best thing.
After the wedding we went over to the reception site. The reception was held at this THIS fabulous historic home. Everything about the wedding & reception was perfect. Everyone did a great job putting it together.
It was a beautiful ceremony & Katie looked absolutely stunning. A beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment