We woke around 5:30 to get ready before waking the girls. The morning went smoothly & we were out the door at 6:45! Quick stop at Starbucks and we were on our way to the airport an hour & half away. Alyssa was pretty fussy during the car ride. She's getting 2 new teeth right now & struggling! I remember when she got her two bottom teeth. I had no idea since she never really complained about them. Addison watched a movie & enjoyed the ride as usual.
We arrived at the airport, checked our bags, then Blake went to park the van while we waited for him. Once the shuttle brought him back we went through security (for families - look for the green circle with the family in the center). It was easy peasy considering the baby food, liquid medicines (one packed on ice), sippy cups, hand sanitizer, etc that filled the backpack to the top! None of these items have to be in the 1-qt plastic bags. I had them all neatly sorted & arranged anyway though.
Our flight was scheduled to leave at 10:35, but we sat on runway until 11:30 due to weather delays. I was afraid this would happen after seeing the storm in the Gulf on the weather map. Finally, we took off with a warning of extra turbulence from the storm. Not really what I wanted to hear. Alyssa went to sleep as soon as we got on the plane. She was so tired! Addison kept busy with her backpack full of stickers, books, color books, snacks, lacing bear & a few other toys. Our seats were in the very back where the infant life jacket & additional oxygen mask are for lap babies. It was a tiny express plane with 2 seats on one side & 1 on the other. Addy & Blake sat beside each other & Alyssa & I sat across from them in the single seat.
After we got home & settled, Grams & I went to meet Katie at the dress shop for her fitting. The dress is even more beautiful in person & she is a stunning bride!







No comments:
Post a Comment