Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sports Team Day at MDO

This week was MUCH better than last week.  No tears were shed!  There was a little resistance at drop-off, but not much.   

From the beginning of time, Addison has always loved to play with cups & bowls in the bath.  She sets them up on the side of the tub & pours from one to another.  Well, I've spent one too many nights cleaning up spilled water & getting on to her, so I've been on the lookout for a bath caddy that goes across the tub for her to sit everything on - instead of on the side of tub.  I stopped by BB&B, but all they had in stock was $30!  The clerk looked it up online to see if something cheaper was available & found one for $15!  She placed the order for me & waived shipping charges.  Awesome!  

On the way to pick up Addy from MDO I saw this in the distance -

The closer I got, the more nervous I got!
Turns out it was a huge marsh fire that started about 2 hours earlier.  As of today it's about 80% contained.  I think the whole state of Texas is under a burn ban.  Everything is so dry & the temps hover around 100 degrees every day.  We've resorted to watering the grass even though I'd rather it just die!

No comments:

Post a Comment