Addison had a loose tooth #8 for weeks and it refused to fall out. Her adult tooth was growing in behind it, so I made her an appointment to be evaluated. She kept asking if she was going to get it pulled out that day and I told her no and that the dentist was just going to look at it. Well, he looked at it and said 'we should go ahead and take it out'. Addison was thrilled. I was not. I need time to mentally prepare for these type of events. Alyssa was with us and chimed in to report that she had a loose tooth too and wanted hers pulled out. I had already told her we would give the tooth a couple of more weeks! The adult tooth was coming in, but not too fast. The dentist took a look and ordered a quick x-ray to see the progress. He suggested to go ahead and take both bottom front teeth. Once again, I need time to mentally prepare for these type of events! In the end, we left with 3 teeth less than we went in with. These girls think going to the dentist is the best thing ever! Our dentist is amazing and both girls were super patients!
Now it was time to figure out how I was going to get Alyssa a gift from the tooth fairy for losing her first 2 teeth! Addison got a CD when she lost her first ones. I called a friend and asked if she would watch the girls for a few minutes and she said yes! The girls didn't want to go by the grocery store anyway, so I told them that's where I was going and they didn't have to go too. I was able to find a book for Alyssa and was back to pick them up in less than 20 minutes! Yay! Alyssa got a book, certificate, and 2 quarters. Addison got a certificate and a quarter.

No comments:
Post a Comment