Friday, June 3, 2016

Purple Rain

Purple Rain was released July 27, 1984. I was barely 12 years old. My first memory of Prince is from my sister and her '1999' cassette tape. That album was released in 1982, so it's safe to say that I've followed Prince for 30+ years. On June 12, 2004, I was able to check an item off of my bucket list. A Prince concert. It was the Musicology tour in Shreveport. I don't have the words to describe the talent that was in the arena that night. 
Prince died April 21, 2016. As a tribute, theaters across the country set Purple Rain to play for 4 days only. Of course, I wanted to see Purple Rain on the big screen, but didn't think it was going to happen. I was thrilled when I found out our local theater was showing Purple Rain on a Sunday afternoon. Grams and Pappy came over and watched the girls while Blake and I went! Even after seeing Purple Rain countless times on the television, nothing compares to seeing it on the big screen!
Prince released Phase One back in September 2015. Phase Two was set to release April 29, 2016. I had pre-ordered it and was worried the release would be postponed because of his death. It wasn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment