Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Puke, Ride, Repeat

Last Sunday morning started out with us loading up the van and getting on the road home to Texas. Everyone was sleepy, but smiling. One hour into the trip, I hear Alyssa coughing/gagging and Addison yelling 'OH MY GOD'. I look in the rearview and see puke all over Alyssa and immediately pull off the highway. I don't recall this ever happening in my 7 years of parenting. There was so much puke. I took her out of the car seat and got her cleaned up with paper towels and wipes then put clean clothes on her. Tip of the Day: Always, always keep wipes, paper towels, plastic bags, and change of clothes in your vehicle. Next, I took the cover off the car seat and put it in a plastic bag along with the puke clothes. I wiped the seat off the best I could. There was puke in every nook and cranny! Instead of making Alyssa sit on the hard plastic seat, I folded a blanket for her to sit on and gave her a cup with instructions to puke in the cup next time! Yes, there was a next time. And a next time. And a next time. We didn't see anymore puke after crossing the Texas line! Woot Woot! Monday was uneventful, but Tuesday we saw fever up to 103 degrees. This isn't how I wanted to spend the last week before school starts, but I'll just keep trying to get Alyssa well and go from there! 
Pre-puke Pose with Pappaw
 Tuesday Morning Fever
 Mama, I'm so sleepy!
End of the day selfies

No comments:

Post a Comment