Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Go Away, Germs! Go Away!

On Monday, Alyssa mentioned her left ear hurt. I didn't really think it did. On Tuesday morning, she said it hurt again. I gave her some ibuprofen and used my ear checker. Nothing was detected, so I sent her off to school. When I picked her up she told me again how bad her ear hurt! Oh no! I decided to call the doctor and get her checked. Raging ear infection in left ear. Needless to say she got a special treat and extra loving from me since I didn't take her complaints seriously on Monday! Oh, she weighs a whopping 33lbs!
Tuesday morning when Addison woke up I noticed her eyes were a little red. I asked her if they bothered her and she said no. I chalked it up to allergies or not enough sleep. I picked her up from school and her eyes looked about the same. She still said they didn't bother her. Fast-forward to Wednesday morning...I go in Addison's room to wake her. She sits up and starts saying she can't open her eyes! I knew then what was wrong and got her a warm washcloth! Pinkeye! The doctor didn't need to see Addison in the office, but called her in some drops. 
The drops made a difference in just a couple of hours. Now to survive the next 6 days of eye drops! 

1 comment: