Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mission: Get Baby Outta My Bed

Last Sunday when we got home from Louisiana I started putting Alyssa in her crib at bedtime.  She's been taking naps there for a month, so I felt she was ready for the move.  Friday night was our final nursing session and I'm so relieved to be done!  I've been breastfeeding for 33 of the last 48 months!  I think that deserves a trophy!

Last night at bedtime we read books and rocked as usual.  Alyssa asked for milk twice and I told her we would have milk for breakfast and she was okay with that.  She went to sleep at 8 and woke up at 1.  I changed her diaper and put her back in the crib.  We did the Ferber checks (5 min, 7 min, 10 min).  After the 2nd 10 minute check she fell asleep and didn't wake up until 8:30am!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment