Thursday, March 1, 2012

What A Week!

Let's see,  last Sunday Alyssa developed hives.  I dosed her with Benadryl continuously until Tuesday night.  For those 3 days each time the old hives would fade, new ones would pop up.

Tuesday night after dinner, Alyssa fell in the hallway.  I didn't see it happen and neither did Blake.  She didn't cry like it was a bad fall.  I believe she's taken much harder falls.  That night and Wednesday morning she was favoring her left leg.  Walking slowly and not being too adventurous.  I took her to MDO and told Ms K to call me if Alyssa wasn't her usual self.  After I got out of my dr appointment (asthmatic bronchitis) at noon, I checked on Alyssa and Ms K said she was fine.  Once I picked the girls up from MDO and fed them a snack, Alyssa seemed to be in more pain than when I picked her an hour before.  So, I gave her ibuprofen and waited a while to see if that helped.  Around 4pm, I kept trying to get her to walk and move around, but she wouldn't.  I called her pediatrician and she said I could either take her into the office then or observe overnight and take her first thing this morning.  Well, I chose the latter, which I regretted around 10pm last night.  This is one of those times where it's hard not living close to family/friends.  I got the backpack together with snacks, phone, water, diapers, etc and off we went to the ER.  Blake stayed home with Addison.  The x-ray didn't show any injury to her little bones and after the dr examined her he concluded that it was a hip injury and to apply moist heat and continue with ibuprofen/tylenol.  We got home around 2:30am.  She is doing better as the day goes on and is walking more, but still slow and cautious.  Needless to say, I'm sick and exhausted, Blake is tired from waiting up half the night to hear about Alyssa, and our little Addison is well-rested and partying like the true rockstar that she is!  Alyssa has a follow-up appointment in the morning to get her ear re-checked, so the pediatrician will take another look at her little hip/leg.
Our nebulizer died and this is the new one that Addison picked out at the pharmacy.
Last night in the ER, Alyssa was playing on the iPhone.  There is a Dr Seuss ABC app that she has recently started playing.  Well, for the letter C there is a picture of a camel on the ceiling and she kept turning the phone trying to turn the camel the wrong/right way!  It was hilarious because each time she flipped the phone, the screen flipped too!  This went on about 10 flips before she moved on to the next letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment